Saturday, July 21, 2007

PIRATE GAME ROCKED (photos below)

Thanks Doris and Jessica for the 12 Pirate Seats! The game was exciting (we almost won) and the fireworks were fantastic. We had all 12 seats spoken for and only one person failed to show. Sitting there with that one empty seat, I couldn't help from thinking that maybe Jessica was there with us. I know I was not the only person feeling that, but it was in a good way- not a sad way.

Also thanks to Robin E. for arranging for the dontaed Permanti Brothers meal that eight of us took advantage of before the game started. It was a perfect evening to eat dinner at a sidewalk table and then walk over to the game.

I am reprinting Jessica's Poem:

Give It My All

Such a passion for life, how can I deal with this strife?
Sick of people telling me what to do, "What's wrong or what's right."

Got to find a way to relax, just to chill would be nice, but it's so hard to be calm when you stay up all night.

Such a monotonous theme, these drug dealing themes triple beam dreams only create a new set of feigns.

I don't know about you but it really ain't cute
watching somebody who's dope sick go and just puke.

It's a disgusting scam and its' sad because it only gets worse.
There's only two outcomes: Jail or up in the Hurst.

So wheter you're hustling or buying, either way you're slowly dying. So next time you make a move, picture your mom crying.

It ain't cool, life ain't fair
but that ain't any reason to stop and not care.

It's a viscous cycle like a bad song stuck on repeat.
A mind consuming disease all it does is just eat.

It eats away at your morals, kills any dreams you're pursuing.
Remember thoses things you said you'd never do?

Now just look what you're doing.

It's crazy but maybe wee can overcome this awful truth.
It's got to start somewhere; how about with the youth?

We got to start a resistance, gotta start and attack
before it keeps getting worse; newborns are dying from Crack.

Think about the bigger picture. How do you want your kids to live?
We need to stop being greedy; if you're going to take you must give.

But I can't take much more, so I'm gonna give it my all.
So for as long as I live, I know I ain't going to fall.

Written by Jessica B.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Coffee House Nation,

I am so glad you had a great time at the game. And I was excited to view all of your wonderful pictures. Everyone looks really great. I am so proud of all of you. I'm sure Jessica was there in spirit.

Always a friend,
Mrs. Doris Crawford

"Remember, It Works If You Work It"

Credits

This layout made by and copyright cmbs.